Monday, April 14, 2008

What's new?

Well, hello to all of you that read our blog! Just in case you are wondering what we've been up to... well not too much. Just enjoying watching brookie grow up some more, the beauty and smell of spring, and looking forward to graduation-four weeks to go, folks! She is a busy little crawler, as I'm sure most babies are at this stage. She really loves to stand right now! And when she does, she gets this look on her face like, "hey, I'm cool like all the other babies I see doing this!" I love it-
I got together with my visiting teachers and my friend showed us all how to make hooded towels for kids! First of all, I love the towel and they were easy. Second of all, what a great way to do visiting teaching-get together and talk and learn something crafty together! Here is Brooke modeling the finished product-
Brooke now has SIX teeth. Cute little smile. And they didn't come without lots of sweat and tears, either!
Brent and his favorite dessert of all time-Key Lime Pie!! He looks guilty and I think he is! But there's nothing like a sugar rush to get ya through the end of the semester.
I got a new 'do.' Bangs and highlights! If you think I'm vain for putting this up.. well... I guess you don't have to read my blog if you don't want to, right? ha! Plus if you know me well, you know getting my hair done is a huge deal for me (I guess I'm kind of a freak) and so since I kinda like it, I had to show it.


Every month the business school puts on a "consumption function." Basically, everyone gets together on a friday night to eat and talk (and everyone but us drinks pretty heavily). So we go to feed our little family dinner. The rest of the students go to feed their tummies some good ole' booze. Pretty nasty! We are with Tyler and Ann, some great friends we have made from B-school. They are also non-drinkers, making it really easy to hang out with them!


Brent and his good friend, Tyler. They look awkward, but cute. Thanks to Tyler for getting Brent back into working out! He's gonna be the buffest man ever this summer in his sizzlin' board shorts. :)


That's what we've been up to, hope you enjoyed reading it!

17 comments:

Britney said...

LOVE the new hair, it's very fitting on you!

Brooke just looks SO big! Oh, I forgot to tell you. When we were chatting on IM the other day, Max saw the little picture of Brooke in the corner and said "there's little Brookey" I couldn't believe he could tell it was her with the picture being SO small! He loves her!

Cute post! Your towel looks great!

Thanks for being my friend :)

Jim, Shelley and Shelbie Lynn said...

Hey Bethany glad you posted a blog. I was wondering where you were.
Your hair looks great,but then it always does.Brooke looks so cute. I can't believe she is standing so straight up. She looks so proud of herself. Give her a kiss on both cheeks for me.
Also Amber tells me you are in charge of the family blog. So please let me in. OK well gotta go for now.
Love ya, see ya bye. Shelley G.

Eric and Hilary said...

You're back! Yay! Brookie is soo cute, i can't believe how many teeth she has! I love the hooded towel! and your hair is adorable, i love it too!

Lauren said...

Good to hear from you! The hooded towel is so cute. I made one once, but you made me want to make more! In fact, I learned in the ol' C4th ward. :) Brooke is growing up!

I agree with everyone, I love your 'do! The bangs are so cute! I had bangs last summer but I got lazy and let them grow out. I have been toying with the idea again, and you made me want to do it more! We'll see... unfortunately they usually end up pinned back.

Trent and Steph said...

Your little girl looks so cute in the hooded towel. That looks like something really fun to do.

Janean said...

YAY!!! I love new posts.. i always stalk for them, and am so excited to see some!!! Sounds like u guys are having a fun time!

Lisha said...

Brooke is such a beautiful little girl! I love her six teeth! I also REALLY like your new hair do! It makes me want to chop mine off as well. BTW, that key lime pie looked really yummy. Did you make it or have a good recipe? Please pass it on!:)

anne said...

I would love for you to put up instructions on how to make those hooded towels. They are a necessity around my place. :)

Cindy said...

Brooke is getting so big!! Those teeth are adorable!

Kelly Jensen said...

I love the new Do! You look great. I loved the update on your family with your cute towel, Brooke's cute teeth and University functions with your cute friends! :) We should get together before Brent graduates and you move on to a new adventure!!

Aubree said...

Hey Beth! Your daughter is beautiful! I am so happy for you, life looks great!

Unknown said...

You guys are so cute! And I LOVE the haircut! I just got mine chopped about 6 inches, and it is kinda fun for a change. Congrats to Brent for being so close to being done. Hope all is well!

liz hawkins said...

Beth,

Congrats on being done soon. I can't wait to be in your shoes! What did you guys decide about Texas. Are you going? Where will Brent be working?

Your haircut is adorable, as always, and Brooke is so dang cute.

Hope all is well!

xoxo

Les said...

Hello friend!
You guys look so good. I love the picture of Brooke standing and I'll chime in with everyone else-I love your haircut, it fits you just right.
Brent-yay for you! Eat all the key lime you can get your hands on!
Anyway, love to you guys from us. It was great to chat with you the other day. I'm looking forward to your Utah visit!!

tt moreno said...

cute hair Bethany... and baby too!!!!

Meg said...

Holy Cow-- Brookie looks SO much like Brent in her little smily tooth pic

~M~A~R~L~O~ said...

I love love love your hair! So cute Bethany and you have to show me how to make those towels, it is adorable, good job!