Wednesday, December 31, 2008

December 24th

I love Christmas Eve. To me, it feels even more magical than Christmas because of the anticipation that Christmas day is almost here, but also the reflection that it is the Eve of Christ's birth. I love celebrating His birth and focusing so much on Him, and I think that is partly why I feel so sad after Christmas is over. But of course, part of the message and importance of Christmas is to celebrate His birth and life by choosing to live our lives mirrored with His life all year long, which I need to remember.

Christmas Eve has always been very important in our family. We grew up having a Swedish Christmas Eve, in honor of my Grandpa's Swedish Grandmother, at my Mom's parent's house every year, with a smorgasbord of food, including but not limited to many Swedish dishes and sometimes other international cuisine. And of course we always dance to the Nu Art Det Jul Igen, a swedish tradition, around the Christmas tree. Sadly, I missed that this year, as I was looking for my camera for 45 minutes and thus very late to the party.

As I said down below, Brent's plane was on time and his bags made it (can you believe it? Delta? and on Christmas Eve?) just in time. He looks handsome in his new sports coat. I am so glad he is mine.



I love my Grandmother's tree. Funny, though.. it looked so big and tall when I was young, and it seems as though it's gotten smaller as I've gotten older.



These are my Grandparents. Amazing people, they are. My Grandma just had hip replacement surgery and is currently suffering from cancer for the third time, and you wouldn't even know by how good she looks. Brooke is a lucky girl to be named after her.



Me, Krista, Meg, and Amy. What would Christmas Eve be without a sister picture?

3 comments:

Britney said...

Fun traditions. You have a wonderful family, and your mom is so festive with all her traditions! Love it!

Amy Louise said...

Oh, the sisters.....

shayla said...

Don't you love it that I have to come to your blog to check out the latest with the Ogdens??????? Amy is for reals m.i.a. on her blog. Beautiful pic of the Jorgensen Sisters....