We had a relaxing Love day. I liked that it was on Saturday and that we could wake up and lounge together all day long. The day before, Brooke and I took baloons and chocolate covered strawberries into Brent at his work. He was surprised and maybe even a little embarrassed to have balloons at his desk!
Brooke got an extra special Valentine's gift this year! A RED chair all to herself that fits perfectly by the TV stand. It even came with an ottoman! Since we have had this, I often can't find her and now I know right where to go.. she's happily sitting in her chair!

I love this picture of her clapping...

We got takeout at my new favorite restaurant here.. Italian, of course, and made our traditional heart cake but made no effort at decorating it cute. Although it was RED velvet on the inside... just a boring white frosting!
A few months ago, I told Brent not to spend any money for Valentine's day because I had gotten him something. It is a beautiful distressed photograph of the Salt Lake Temple, where we were married, with our names and wedding day engraved onto it. Brent was still so sweet and I woke up to a trail of candy from the bedroom out into the living room where there were THREE vases full of flowers and a nice card. My sister, Amy, thinks flowers are so cliche on Valentine's day, but I would feel bad if I didn't get any. Brent also cooked up an awesome eggs, hashbrowns, sausage and RED smoothie breakfast.
11 comments:
Are those cute little curls I see in Brooke's hair? She's getting big and still super cute! I love the pictures of your home. I am envious ;)
Bethany where on earth did you get the temple portrait??? I saw one like it in someone's home but she received it as a gift and wasn't sure where it came from. Your whole house looks simply gorgeous!!!
Beth, I loved your comment about Celine and her concert:) I saw her in LV, and your description couldn't have been more correct..awkward but amazing still!! Good to hear from you!
I have been missing you guys! I really, truly LOVE your new family picture-all three of you look so handsome!
You're back! I've missed you!
What a busy and fun V-day. I LOVE the red wall, looks good. And the red chair is darling. Brooke is such a doll.
Way to go on the gifts for each other...you both really scored!
I always do that...
dmericksen is me :)
Hello Bethany, Looks like you have all been very busy. I love your colors, and the picture of the church is so cool. Brooke is getting so big. I can't believe her curls, they are just darling. She looks like the happiest little girl. Give brooke a kiss for me and tell Brent I said hi.Love you. Shelley
Your home looks beautiful and what a fabulous Valentines Day! I was pretty impressed with the heart cake.
LOVE the updates! LOVE the paint!! Sounds like you had a great Valentine's Day! And I can't believe how big Brooke is getting! The time just flies, doesn't it?!?
WOAH! I love Brooke's green room--it is perfect. I also love the red. And I think it is amazing and wonderful that Brent gave you THREE vases of flowers on Valentine's. What a nice husband. Don't worry about me and my silly cliche's. That's just it, I'm silly. I like the temple portrait too.
Hi Bethany! I love that color you painted Brooke's room. Do you remember what color it is and where you got it by change?
Thanks! Jeni
Post a Comment