Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Brooke Elen - THREE years old

LOOK at this big 3 year old Brookie!
Our girl turned 3 on July 23rd and this Momma had plans for a "Pinkalicious" birthday party. That didn't happen, but we had family in town to help us celebrate. For now, we'll be doing every-other-year-birthday-parties and she's already talking about it for next year.

She was pleased as punch with her new little swingset.


But, truth be told, all this girl really wanted were some pink cupcakes. Now that, I could do!

G & G Guerisoli in town for the blessed day.

While we sang Happy Birthday...

When asked where she wanted to go for her birthday dinner, of course the reply was, "pizza." So we took it up a notch and went to our favorite place, Grimaldi's.

I am in awe when I see this picture but this completely embodies who Brooke is as a three year old. Loves to match her clothes, shoes and accessories perfectly, and takes her purse and sunglasses everywhere we go. 3 going on 13?

Straight outta bed to open presents.... happy with her first barbie and pink car for barbie!

Even happier with pancakes for breakfast... yes we are sorely out of order on this post

A great highlight to the day... our best girl, Olivia comes to give her a present! Naturally, a dress that they both have and can match in at church.
Daddy let her stay up past 10:00 to watch a movie with the adults on the big day in which she also indulged in THREE cupcakes. I'd say she made out very well.
Things about Brooke at three years old:
-37.5 lbs and 38 inches
-Loves ALL THINGS PINK. Everything MUST be pink. Example: When I tell her what we're having for lunch that day, she asks if it can be pink... whatever it is.
-She has a strong personality with big emotions but always makes transitions very smooth. Easy to potty train, easy to transfer to a big-girl bed, etc. I am grateful for this.
-Gives a kiss and a "wud" (love, or a hug) multiple times a day, and is very affectionate. Always wants us to cuddle her before bed and in the morning and is very particular about being in between Brent and I.
-Can be heard every time she goes #2 on the potty saying, "hey you wanna come see the poop?" This is hilarious and is a result of us having celebrations earlier on when she was learning. She just can't give the party up.
-Loves shopping and especially loves trying things on in the dressing room. I suppose I started her a little young on this.
-Loves all things "girly" and I love this, too. We went and had our toenails done at the nail salon and it just felt so natural to do! Something I will continue to take her to do until she's too embarrassed to go with me.
-She's very particular about what clothes she wears and that they match well.
She loves having her hair done, and almost every day says to me when getting dressed, "I want to look so cute." Along with this, she loves packing her purse full of her sunglasses, fake phone and wallet, and her 6 princess lipglosses that she loves to apply all at once.
-She's been known to tell us to change because we don't match or she doesn't like our outfit.
-She also loves balls and does very well at playing basketball with her little hoop, kicking the soccerball, and throwing the frisbee. This summer, she became a natural at swimming. She can swim on her own for about 20 feet! Naturally, Brent is very proud of this.
-She is very concerned about equality among those she is with. If we don't all have the same thing on our dinner plates, or if only she and I get an ice cream cone, she's always concerned that Brent doesn't have one.
-She has a budding testimony of the Savior and loves to have Family Home Evening. She loves to talk about Jesus and Prophet Monson.
-Her speech and vocabulary has drastically improved from even six months ago. We are still working on the k and g sound as well as the f and sh sound.
-She's very tech-savvy and can navigate our iphones as well as get to Sesamestreet.com on the laptop on her own.
-Her favorite song is "circus" by Britney Spears, much to Brent's chagrin. She loves rockin' out to it.
-She is very shy around strangers and people she doesn't know.
-She can be a big big TEASE. Especially her bff, Olivia which makes me feel bad. She loves to test people to their limit just to get a reaction out of them. A trait she inherited from her father. :)
-She is an extremely good eater and especially loves her sugar, just like her Mama.
-Her nicknames are: Bub, Bubby, Boppy, Boppenheimer Schmidt (her personal favorite that Brent made up), Brookie-Nookie, Bop.
-Can recognize and name all of her Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles and cousins. Pretty good for not living close to any of them!
-She still loves playing in water and makes me crazy when doing it.
-Loves puzzles, Sleeping Beauty, the movie "Pollyanna", the book Pinkalicious and talks about her new baby brother that is on the way to everyone.
Did I mention that we're having a BOY? Hooray?
Love you so much, Brooke Elen.

7 comments:

Lauren said...

Happy 3rd Birthday cute girl!!! i love her sparkling blue eyes and darling curls. She is a knockout for sure. I can't believe she carries a purse and sunglasses! That is too funny.

AnnElise&Chris said...

She is the best :) I feel so lucky to be able to watch her grow and be somewhat attached to her life! Keep the posts coming!

Tristen said...

Cutie girl!! AND CONGRATS on the BOY news!! So exciting!

Vicki said...

I miss her so much. She makes me smile every time I see her. Tell her Boo dickie loves her.

Bizzle said...

I CANNOT believe how old she looks! She grows more and more gorgeous by the minute. Love keeping tabs on your family :)

Wendie said...

Yeah! a great day had by all! and a lot of good stuff to remember. A boy? That will be so fun!

Britney said...

Happy Birthday Brooke!

And let's see a belly shot!