Ironically these pictures were taken on mothers day, not today, the 4th of the July. And we just happened to all be dressed very patriotic.
Me and my little people....
These two little people are here to teach me! Sometimes I feel like they're looking at me like, "our poor mom... she has no idea what she's doing." ha! I had no idea that children were and could be so inquisitive, imaginative, forgiving, full of life.
After a difficult mom-day (you have those, don't you?) I was rocking Brayden to sleep and feeling sorry for myself because Brent was out of town, Brooke doesn't take naps any more, much less do quiet time, and Brayden wouldn't nap for longer than 30 minutes. I remember praying for strength and knowing that I needed an attitude adjustment. And so it happened, and I told Brayden right then and there that if he needed to be held more and needed more attention than that's what I would give to him. Simple as that, right? :)
To be a mother is to be constantly refined in words and actions!
To have children and to be a mother is to experience joy. I believe in motherhood and I love this role.
3 comments:
Bethers
Those are beautiful pictures with your kids. I love it. Thanks for posting. I too know the exhaustion that comes from little kids...you were right to just hold Brayden and love him. They grow too fast. every moment is a special one. Even if you feel like you are doing a bad job and are so exhausted you could die. The Lord sustains us...somehow.
First of all, those photos are absolutely gorgeous! Second of all, I totally know what you mean when you talk about the breadth of experiences and emotions that come with parenthood and how quickly they can come and go. It's crazy... but in the quiet moments I know what to do and that is what you did with Brayden which is JUST HOLD THEM, or sit down and play with them. Thanks for the reminder, I think I might just put it into play right now. Thanks!
YOU NEED TO FRAME THESE!!! You look so beautiful!
Post a Comment