Brent turned 31 in June and we had a little celebration with just the four of us. He got some new camel colored dress shoes and he was thrilled.
Brent and me on his birthday. (Brooke took this picture)
Yay for store-bought desserts and especially from Costco!
Brooke actually has had quite a busy summer. She did swimming lessons for two weeks and participated in two sessions of a little kids camp that a teenager in our ward puts on, as well of lots and lots of playdates with her friends. In fact, I picked her up last week from playing at a little girl's house in our ward and she had had the idea to go into that little girl's parents' closet and put on her mommy's makeup, unbeknownst to the Mom! Ugh. So embarrassing for me when I picked her up! Brooke and I have also had a lot of really quality one on one time this summer during Brayden's naps. I had such a pity party when she quit napping but I figured out pretty fast that it wasn't doing anything for both of us. We've been working in her pre-K workbook almost every day, and really just being together. I am wowed every day by how bright and inquisitive she is. She loves to sit at the table working on things and doing projects. As I put her to bed tonight, she said, "Mommy, when I grow up I want to be a dancer, a doctor, a cook, and a scientist." She loves to be involved in everything I do whether it's cleaning, cooking, or doing laundry and I've learned that it's better to find a way for her to help rather than shoo-ing her away all the time. Our relationship has really improved through this, making me feel more confident about sending her off to preschool in a few weeks!
We are really looking forward to the fall and even the upcoming holidays. Brooke starts preschool in a few weeks and we are all so excited for her! I am having knee surgery in a few days which will be a difficult thing but will hopefully really help my health along! We are coming to Utah for the holidays for 2 1/2 weeks and are really excited. We hope to see many friends and also catch up with family that we haven't seen. It will have been a year and a half since we've been to Utah.
Now I'm just hoping for some cooler temps so we can actually go outside again.. haha.
Oh and wish Brent luck as he plays Mr. Mom for all of next week while I am down recovering from surgery. Or maybe I should say.. pray for all of us. :)
4 comments:
You guys look great! Texas summers are HOT, I can't blame you for staying out of the heat. Good luck with the knee surgery. I hope you have an easy recovery.
Sounds eventful to me!! :) Life with kids is full of adventure every day (or lack thereof) which means that you have been incredibly productive. And it sounds like Brooke has been busy! And I'm proud of you for making that time so functional with her in the afternoons, I started napping both of my kids again and I'm going to have to be mature when they stop again, it's so hard to be cheerful about it!! :) Your kids are incredibly adorable, so so so sweet. Fun to watch them grow!!
Can't wait for those 2.5 weeks! You will be missed this Saturday for the big 85.
Brayden is adorable!! Good luck on your surgery!
Post a Comment