Yesterday, Brent and I took our first trip to Napa to see the famous grape vineyards. It was only about a half an hour away and so nice to get away from the business of the city. A lot of the houses looked just like this one, just pristine and beautiful. We found ourselves salivating at all of the beautiful homes and dreaming of when we'll be in a home! Brent especially loved how Colonial and Victorian they all looked.
This is the entrance to a family's private vineyard. You can't see it very well but it was just as beautiful as we imagined, similar to Tuscany! When we got far enough out on the outskirts of Napa, there was a road just full of individually family-owned vineyards. Growing up doing that just sounds so dreamy! But, somehow I think M.B.A school at Cal-Berkeley won't end up taking us to run our own vineyard ... but it was sure fun to take advantage of visiting while we live here.
4 comments:
The home was so beautiful, I can't imagine how much it cost! There is definitely something romantic about a vineyard, I'm glad you guys took the time to go.
I'm so glad you guys did that! It's so beautiful!
You know, for as long as I've lived in CA I've never been to Napa. Can you believe that? Someday when we move back maybe (which will hopefully be soon). Ok, the headbands. Just get ribbon and you can either use velcro (is that how you spell it?) or glue elastic on the back and use a bra clip. All you need is a hot glue gun. I have so much fun making them.
How fun! I am very jealous. Reminds me of the movie "Under the Tuscan Sun", which is one of my favorites. I hope life is treating you well. But from the looks of these pictures, it seems life is treating you both well. I miss you and love you both!
Post a Comment