Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Finally...she has arrived!

On July 23, 2007 at approximately 5:31 pm, Brooke Elen Guerisoli was born. She weighed in at a petite 6 pounds 9 ounces and measured 19 inches in length. She's doing great as she's eating, sleeping, pooping, peeing, crying, and just enjoying being in the presence of her new family. She's happy and healthy and has such a curious personality and spends much of her time (when not sleeping) with her eyes wide open exploring everything around her. Mommy is also doing well and has already gone on several walks around the room, is eating and drinking, and sleeping as much as she can. Brooke decided not to turn back around (she turned breech in the last week) so Bethany ended up having a C-section, but the procedure went very well and she's already on the fast track to recovery. Last night mommy and daddy and baby spent their first night together in the hospital room, and although sleep was limited, it was just so wonderful to have our little princess with us. We're still not sure exactly who she looks like, but we think she's got a little of both of us in her. We know she's got mommy's lips and mouth, and maybe daddy's eyes, but we'll let you be the judge.









8 comments:

Jenae said...

She is so beautiful!! I am sure that at this point it is hard to believe you are really parents (especially because of the narcotics!). You are going to love every minute of it. It is so amazing the blessings that come. I couldn't have imagined a more beautiful baby; she really does have the longest Bethany fingers, big eyes, and a darling mouth. She is just perfect! I wish you both the best, and hope your recovery is better than expected. I can't wait to get my hands on her!

Lauren said...

The miracle of life...she is precious! I can't tell who she looks like yet but I love the pouty face picture. And Bethany, you are gorgeous, even right after childbirth!!! I guess a perk of having a timed delivery is you can put your make-up on! :)

Unknown said...

Congratulations Bethany!!! (and Brent!) She is so precious, isn't it so much fun to have a little baby that is all your own? I am so happy for you guys, and glad that everything went well during the C-section. We wish we could see her in person, but are so glad that you have posted pictures. You will be great parents!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats guys! Brooke is darling, I think she looks more like Brent for now but that could change. I'm so glad she's finally here with you two. She is a lucky gal! Can't wait to meet her, and see you two.

Jim, Shelley and Shelbie Lynn said...

Brooke is so BEAUTIFUL. When I held Brooke in my arms, I was overwhelmed with emotions. God has sent us an ANGEL. To the three B's- Congratulations on your new Family.
Brent, you are going to be a very special DADDY.
Bethany, you did a great job of taking care of you so we could have that ANGEL ...

OK, now hurry up and get well so you can go out and I can babysit.....
I love you three B's.
Shelley G.

Jordan Frazier said...

She is just beautiful Beth! She really is just so darling. Feel better quick! Love, Jordan

Heidi Louise said...

Cousin she is beautiful! And hello... could you have looked any better? I am so excited for you both. You will be the best Mom ever! Love you three!

Bug said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful, just like her mommy. Enjoy every moment because it is so true that they grow fast! We love you guys and are so excited for you.