
Did anyone else that might be reading this and has children feel like they would maybe be pregnant forever? I am afraid I have reached that point. I am due one week from today and may just need an attitude adjustment, but I feel like this baby might not ever come (ok deep down inside I know she really will)! So, in an effort to keep myself informed, positive and busy in these final days, the purpose of this posting is to solicit any comments/suggestions for 1)things I can do to take my mind off of it and keep me busy, and 2)advice on coping with the inevitable feeling of angst that surrounds an upcoming labor and delivery. Thanks for your words of wisdom, and lets just hope the next posting is announcing her glorious birth!
6 comments:
hi bethany! i felt like that with ava, most definately. i kept myself busy with four little foster kittens (rather unconventional, i know). I think I spent a lot of time at the library getting light, easy reads and on the phone. I called EVERYONE. i don't know if there's much to keep your mind off of something that keeps you so on edge (and uncomfortable!). I hope she comes soon! Go for long walks! love,
Miriam Hermansen
PS Good luck with all of the labor and delivery! I am SO excited for you!
Your almost there! Its so close, but yet it feels so far away. Reading, movies, walks, all are good things. Writing on your blog, great idea! We can't wait to hear the good news.
Bethany, the feeling is all too fresh in my mind! I am so glad you posted, I have been dying to know how you're doing. I agree with Miriam, it's hard to get your mind off it completely, but I just emailed and called people a lot. Mike and I went to a sit down dinner one last time (for awhile). I'm sure you've thought of it but a blessing really helped calm our nerves. You'll be GREAT! Love,
Lauren
I'm so excited for little Brooke to enter your lives, outside your belly that is. Spend lots of time with Brent while you can. With the arrival of the baby life is going to change- is a good way, but definitely change. Enjoy all the alone time you and Brent have right now. Also, to cope with waiting (I had to wait a whole week longer!) just remind yourself that she will come when she is ready. She knows when she is ready to face the world. Don't wish her out too soon because you might (like me) find yourself missing being pregnant and feeling her inside all the time. Please keep us update and you'll do great!
It looks like you've already gotten some good advice! A few things that I did with Landon: I started a journal for him telling him everything I was feeling and what I thought I already knew about him before his birth, I focused a lot on how happy I was going to be to meet him (and not on the scariness of it all!), I did a lot of walking and reading, and I spent a ton of time with Scott. Hopefully that helps (I'm going to need this reminder in a few months!).
I am praying for you guys today! I can't wait to see a picture of her. She is going to be beautiful:)!
Post a Comment