Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Halloween Memory Lane

So, I was going through old pictures today and found a picture of Brent and I at the Halloween party of some friends (shoutout to the Andrews!) two years ago. The party was fantastic but the experience of when we got there and walked in was a little embarrassing. I remember there had been a BYU game that day and we had got home late, with barely enough time to throw together costumes. I think I asked my friend if we should dress up and if everyone else was and I think she said, "sure!" So of course I stressed over what we should be and how we were going to put it together. We quickly drove to D.I. and they had nothing. Then we went to Walmart and they had nothing left. As a last resort we tried Saver's because I had always found things for the Halloween dance there in High School. I picked up this little packet that had a devil's tale and horns, showed it to Brent and he complied. When we got home, I told him to get out some of our extra white sheets and start wrapping them around himself. He then proceeded to tell me that he thought it was really dumb that I was going to be the devil and him the angel. I told him it would be funnier than the other way around. After going back and forth, he finally conceded. He even let me put glitter around his eyes (click on the picture to zoom)-what a man! He complained the whole way there and I admit now that inside I felt bad for making my husband dress up like a girly angel. We had finally arrived ready to make our debut. We walk in and guess what? Everyone was wearing jeans!!! I felt so dumb. It was like we walked into a casual party wearing a formal and a tux, or vice versa maybe. The only person even remotely dressed up was my friend hosting it, who I think was wearing ladybug wings. Brent turned and glared at me and I could see in his eyes how embarrassed he was. We ended up getting a picture and having a really great time, but it is for this embarrassing experience that I still struggle with what to be if we have a Halloween party to go to and how much to dress up. (See Poll)

8 comments:

Lauren said...

Oh, those were the days! That's my old ghetto kitchen! :) Bethany I had no idea how traumatizing that was for you guys!!! I remember Brent being embarassed but I just thought you guys were really into Halloween and really good sports to dress up! I have to qualify though... Mike did put the Rubix cube on later, the Lindsays were a nurse and doctor, and my friends that showed up later were Ding & Dong and their baby was a Twinkie! :) Anyway, don't give up, it's so much more fun to dress up. I love the 3 little bears idea. This year Maddie is being a ladybug, me a butterfly, and Mike a bumble bee!

Anonymous said...

That is hillarious! What a good sport he is though. The Guersioli boys are good sports that way though, my husband is too.

Cindy said...

That's great! Just so you know, the party on Saturday will be FULL of costumes so if Brent wants to be an angel again, he'll be in good company :)

Jorgs said...

You gotta be the three bears.

Unknown said...

Bethany that is an awesome story! I just love it! You guys are so cute! Little Brooke just gets cuter by the day. How are you guys anyway? Hope everything is great. Mike is going to be a duck this year and it is absolutely hilarious. I will have to post some pics.

Vicki said...

I never heard this story before. You might want to post it on the Guerisoli blog so that all of the brothers can hear about it. Brent your eyes looked lovely with makeup.

Mom

Jordan Frazier said...

Hi Guys!
Hope you have a happy Halloween! Beth, i have a blog now too...finally, i was feeling like i was the only person in the world with one. Anyways, it is www.tjayjordanfrazier.blogspot.com

Talk to you soon!

Tristen said...

LOVE that story. And even more I love the picture. And it makes me like Brent even more than I liked him before! What a true champ!! :) Husbands are great.