Friday, October 19, 2007

The 3 bg's are busy... well, mostly one of us is


With the change of the leaves and weather that fall usually brings, it has also brought a lot of business to our little household, mostly for Brent. I always associate fall with going back to school and this is the first time that I have not been in school or working, so it's still kind of new being at home! Brent has been in school for about a month and a half and is SO busy.. I think the busiest I've ever seen him. He has school, work, he's in charge of a healthcare conference at the business school in January, he's in Young Men's, he plays intramurals, and is also starting to look for jobs! He often hangs out with Brooke while he's studying because that's what he has time for right now. But she loves just sitting with him. She is always so content when she's with her Daddy. I'm really grateful for Brent for always making time with her. He stayed up really late a few nights ago finishing homework because he sang to her and played with her before I put her to bed. What a great guy he is!


Brooke and I have been busy this week... busy trying to catch up on sleep!! So, she was doing so well with sleeping and then at the beginning of this week decided she didn't really like sleep. It has been a struggle getting her to sleep every night. She isn't fussy or crying, she is just wide awake and wants to play and smile. And her naps are a little off, too. I'm not sure what's going on, but it's taken a toll on my level of productivity this week. I have been a total zombie, because she has been up in the night like she is a newborn again. Hopefully things will begin to improve. Maybe I need to go get a bunch of sleeping books and study up. Anway, I still managed to take this cute picture the other day. I love how she just looks like she's chillin'. I'll let you know how the sleep thing goes.

4 comments:

Cindy said...

Just a thought: the sleep issue could be because she's reaching an important milestone - is she close to rolling over? scooting? crawling? Every time Landon got close to something like that he liked to stay up at night. I guess his mind was just racing! Good luck!

Lauren said...

Brent IS a good guy... daddy's are the best!

I agree with the previous sleep idea. Maddie has had a couple of rough sleep periods and they usually coinicide with a growth spurt (they are just hungerier), milestone, or teething. Good luck!

Bug said...

I can't believe how cute little Brooke is! And good luck to Brent with all he has going on. The sleep thing... it always seems like once they get a schedule down and you get used to it- they change! Good luck. Yes, we are moving! To Sacramento and we will be there by the 12th of November because Brad has a job interview then. I'll keep you posted.

Caroline Marshall said...

I know how you feel about the whole sleeping thing. My June is doing exactly what Brooke is doing. She just wants to be up and playing. Oh well, who needs sleep anyway!!!