Daddy or Mommy? Many people these days that meet Brooke (mostly strangers) say 1) "Oh, he's so cute!" and 2) "He looks like his Mommy." Well, I'm thinking neither of these statements is correct. Obviously the first one is not because the HE they are talking about is a SHE, and pretty much since the day Brooke was born, we've thought that she looks like Brent. Anyways, now I'm not sure what to think. I guess I'll have to make more
big bows and never let her
leave the house without one.
5 comments:
Brooke doesn't even SORT OF look like a boy, I'm always amazed at how people can look at a perfectly girl baby and still assume that she is a boy. I would think that if they thought it might be borderline (i.e. pink coat, sparkly shoes, ruffly outfit, etc...) that they would at least say "your baby". But i guess I've made the same mistake with other babies by just blurting out something before I really looked at the baby, so I shouldn't be so harsh. Still, it surprises me!
And it's true, she looks remarkably a lot like Brent. But she definitely has a Bethany feel to her as well. It's bizarre how a little one can be so much like both parents while still maintaining their new little "identity". she's adorable!
bethany, found your blog! isn't it interesting when you put your babies in gender-specific colors, people still get their gender incorrect?! this has happened to wade one too many times, and almost every picture i see of brooke--she's wearing pink. maybe someday people will get it right.
i hope you're doing well and enjoying the christmas season!
My vote is more like Brent. This is so funny because we just did a look alike meter on our blog! Maybe you should do one too!
Did these people happen to have Macular Degeneration? LOL
Brooke is totally yours Beth. Sorry Brent!
She is ALL girl and can't even believe people mistaken that with her!
Post a Comment