Saturday, January 26, 2008

Halfway to a year!

Our Brookie is 6 months old. She is 15 pounds, 11 ounces (44th percentile) and 26 inches long (60th percentile). We have made it through the first half of her first year and I really cannot believe it. Seriously, where does time go? It feels like yesterday that we found out I was pregnant, and were pretty naive to what encompassed "having a baby." Now, this lady is 6 months. WOW!

This is the most recent picture taken of her (not the best quality) and I just love her smile. My Mom told me before she was born that although I would be utterly exhausted and have hard days learning how to take care of her, I would be in love with her from day one. I didn't understand what she meant but now I really do! It's hard to imagine loving future children as much. But she's eating well, sleeping well, has one tooth, and we can tell she wants to crawl, but of course it will be a few months. We couldn't be more thrilled about this little girl and the blessing she has been to us. Thanks for being an angel, Brookie!

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh....I love that smile too! She is so darling! You are doing a GREAT job being a mom.

Britney said...

Oops...that last post from DMericksen is from me. I was signed in as Dave.

Bug said...

That is a great picture. She's got the perfect little head tilt going on and a beautiful smile. Isn't it amazing how time flies? I was telling Brad the other day how 20 years or so really isn't that much time to "raise" your children. I want more time!

Kelltie said...

She has a tooth already?! I'm waiting for Camryn's teeth to come in! I can't believe how fast they grow! Where does the time go?

Heidi Louise said...

She is such a doll. I can't even tell you how many times my Mom called me while you stayed with her to tell me how cute Brooke was. I think my Mom loves her more than she loves us! Could be possible. Congrats on the half year mark!

tt moreno said...

BETHANY! I love your blog and I am so glad that I found you!!! Your little girl Brooke is adorable We have a little baby girl also named Raquel Rose who is 7 months old. I voted you should go to NYC for vacation and stop by and visit us. We have a blog also, www.losmorenosfamilia.blogspot.com
miss ya!

Lauren said...

Happy 1/2 birthday Brooke! She is cute as a button.

The Pickled Red Herring said...

She is so adorable! Hey why isn't Washington, D.C. on your poll? I think you guys should come visit us for Spring Break! We can even take Brooke to the zoo - she'll love it! YAY! Too bad you guys are so far away... We miss you!

Unknown said...

Brooke is ADORABLE! I can't believe she is already 6 months. Yes, time just flies. I can't believe I have an almost-2-yr-old. About the wheat cereal recipe: yes, you put it in before you go to bed and it should be done in the morning. If I ever cook it during the day I do it for about 10 hours. Hope that helps!

~M~A~R~L~O~ said...

Just adorable. It is amazing where the time flies! Seems like yesterday we couldn't even think about having a baby! :)

Addie May said...

Bethany she is so beautiful!! Time flies when you're a mommy huh? Mollie will be 1 in a few weeks, and I can hardly believe it!I'm glad you're doing well!
Addie

Unknown said...

What a happy little girl!!

Anonymous said...

oh I am so glad you found my blog...that is crazy! I hope things are going well in California, your little girl is darling, and you look beautiful. Say hello to your family for me and keep in touch!!!