Saturday, January 26, 2008

Marvelous Muffins


-Marvelous Muffins-
1 1/2 c. whole wheat flour
3/4 c. rolled oats
1 t. baking soda
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
2 eggs (slightly beaten)
1/2 c. skim milk
3 T. olive oil
1/2 c. honey
1/2 naturally sweetened applesauce
1/2 pureed white beans (just do one can pureed with the liquid in the can. It should be like paper paste. This is a weird ingredient but you cannot taste them and they add lots of fiber)
Combine all dry ingredients. Then add wet ingredients. Bake @ 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
Banana Variation: Reduce milk to 1/4 c. and add 3/4 c. of ripe mashed bananas. Add a little cinnamon.
Pumpkin Variation: 1/4 t. nutmeg, 1/5 t. cloves, 2 t. cinnamon, 1/2 c. canned pumpkin
Note: I usually triple this recipe, and it makes about 38 muffins. I freeze them in ziplocks and eat one (ok, maybe two) a day!

4 comments:

Shelly said...

I'm so excited to try these muffins. I love trying new breakfast recipes. Thanks for sharing. They sound yummy.

Shelly said...

Bethany, I just want to make sure the 1/2 measurements on the applesauce and the beans are 1/2 cups. That sounds right to me, but I just want to be sure before I make them. Thanks.

Bethany said...

Yes that is right! They are both 1/2 c. I guess I forgot to write the 'C'. I am glad you are making them, Shelly!

Lauren said...

Ooooo, I can't wait to try these! :) Thanks so much!