Today is Krista's 28th birthday! She is my next oldest sister, and so therefore probably the one I was looking the most up to through out my life. She is such a good person and has lived such a good life and seriously deserves this shoutout! This first picture is of all the girls in my family almost two years ago at her apartment in Seattle!
Left to right: Mom, Krista, Me, Meg, Amy
Here she is with her son, Ethan, a.k.a E-man.
And here she is with my on the day I graduated from college. My Mom and I got our bachelor's degrees the same day and she came down from Seattle just for that! She is very devoted to her family and will do anything for any of us!
Here are some things I Love about my sister, Krista:- She is a spiritual giant. She is the only one in our family that went on a mission and probably the only one cut out for it! (I guess Meg could still go!)
- She is the only person I know that can find anything that is lost. It is the craziest thing.
- When we were younger and got in fights, she would always be the first to apologize and she did it by coming and jumping on me in my bed at night.
- She has a beautiful smile.
- She is a better cook than I will ever be.
- She has more hidden talents than anyone I know. She recently learned how to quilt and does it amazingly well.
- She plays the violin better than anyone I've ever heard and it always makes me cry.
- No matter what the subject, she always gives me the best advice!
- She gives the most thoughtful gifts and is always thinking of ways to do and serve more.
- I love hearing her speak spanish.
- And lastly, I was privileged to be able to spend four months living with her in Provo the summer I met Brent and it was probably the best summer of my life!
- (Feel free to chime in and leave a comment about her if you know her!)
I hope you have a fabulous 28th year, Kris! Love you!
6 comments:
Happy Birthday Krista! Thanks for being such a great sister-in-law. We always enjoy spending time with you and your family. Enjoy your birthday!
Brent
Krista--
I ditto everything Beth said about you for your birthday! You are an amazing person with so many talents and abilities. When I remember my childhood, you are always the sister that I have the most memories with. Not only are you a great sister, you are a great friend. Happy Birthday!
Love ya, Amy
Happy birthday Krista Ruth! You know how you and Heidi were paired off as cousins when we were little, well secretly Nicki and I were obsessed with you both and I thought you were the coolest girl ever, especially when you got to bring a pillow to sit on at school. Love you!
Wow! What a great birthday present for your sister! You both are lucky to have each other.
It's so great to see updates Bethany! It looks like you guys had a great Christmas with family. Brooke is growing so much and it is so fun to see pictures of her! I am glad you are well and happy and wish you the best for 2008!!!
I also must give a shout out to Krista! She is the best and is such an awesome friend and person! I love you Krista
Post a Comment