Monday, March 10, 2008

Another great weekend in B-town..

We just enjoyed another weekend of visitors! Brent's parents came for 4 days from St. George. They just LOVED seeing Brooke, and she loved them. I could tell that she really knew they were her grandparents. She just loved being around them and playing with them. So fun to see them interact with each other. And another development: BROOKE IS CRAWLING! I don't have video, but we've all seen a baby crawl, right? It is really cute, though. She's been working on it for a few months now and never really even scooted or did an army crawl first. She just all of the sudden started doing it!
Brooke is ready for spring. She just looks so "springy" here. Thanks to Grandma Vicki for the cute green dress. I Love this picture of Brooke because this is the look she always has on her face. Not too over-joyed, just a content baby.

but sometimes she can be silly

sweet girl

One of the best parts of the whole weekend was being able to go out with Brent while we left Brooke with the gp's. Other than a short work party in December, this was practically our first date since Brooke was born. And it was much needed. We had so much fun talking and laughing and feeling carefree and without a baby for a few hours. I love my hubby so much! We did a little shopping and then enjoyed dinner at Cafe de la Paz. Excellent food. We highly recommend it to our fellow B-towners.

kisses from Grandma

Thanks for coming and making the trip to see us, Kirt and Vicki! We really enjoyed our weekend with you.

What we're looking forward to next... Easter!!! Oh and spring break happens to be for a whole week starting the day after Easter. Oh and we still haven't decided where we are going... hmmmm. Hopefully we'll be coming up with something soon so that we at least have something to blog about afterwards, right?

5 comments:

Britney said...

Ha ha...cute post.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Kirt and Vicki came out. I remember the times they came and watched Cade and Rick and I got to go out. They were precious times. They are great grandparents! I'm so proud of little Brooke too, crawling! I can't wait to see. You'll have to video and post for those of us who live so far away.

Amy Louise said...

I'm sad we missed the debut of the "crawl"! Just a few weeks too early. Going out together as a couple is SOOOOO golden! Don't you just love it!?! I'm glad you got to go--it can really make a difference in your marriage when you spend one-on-one time together after the kiddos come. Can't wait to see where you go for Spring Break either...a stop-off in American Fork would be nice....:)

Becca said...

Brooke is so cute! You seem to be able to always snatch a good picture of her.

Vicki said...

Great pictures. We had so much fun and it was relaxing. I miss Brooke and her smile. Glad the email came and now you have to think about what to do. Thanks again for everything.