As summer is coming to a close (so sad), I am feeling the need to make all of my favorite summer meals, desserts, salads, and take advantage of the freshness of the fruits and veggies in stores. We have had this salad once every couple of weeks and I never get sick of it. I'm sure you've been to California Pizza Kitchen, yes? This is basically their salad, but my sister, Krista, adapted her own while she was on her mission, in yes, Texas!
CPK BBQ Chicken Salad: Mission - Style

8 corn tortillas
oil for frying
1 head romaine lettuce
1 head iceburg lettuce
2 tomatoes, chopped
1/2 c. jicama
1/4 c. cilantro
1 avocado, chopped
1/4 c. sliced green onions
1/4 c. chopped red onions
1/2 c. chopped pepper (red, green, or yellow)
1/2 c. small cubed cheese of your choice
1 c. cooked corn, chilled
1 c. black beans
1 cooked rotisserie chicken or 2 cups grilled barbeque chicken
lime wedges
ranch dressing, barbeque sauce
***
Cut tortillas into 1/2 inch strips. Deep-fry strips until crispy. Drain on paper towel. Tear lettuce into salad pieces. Toss chopped tomatoes, jicama, cilantro, avocado, onions, pepper, and cheese into salad. Add beans and corn. Shred chicken and mix into salad. Sprinkle tortilla strips on top Serve with ranch, barbeque sauch and lime wedges. I usually pick up a rotisserie chicken at Costco and we always serve this with Marie Calendar's cornbread (best cornbread, ever). Oh, and you have a personal guarantee from me that if you make this, you will without a doubt - love it.
5 comments:
That looks really good. I am going to have to try it.
I remember how much you love CPK! That looks delish and so pretty on the plate!
CPK has such great food! Thanks for sharing this recipe, I'm definitely going to try it! kendra
I think Amy posted this FAB recipe in Dixie's book--we make it all the time. LOVE it, yum...
I'l let you know when/if I have time to make you a cute header to go with your cute little family! I told Amy I'd make her one and it's been like 3 months! Thanks for ID-ing yourself on my blog! And are you loving where you are in TX? It looks so quaint:)
Yum! I am going to make this ASAP! I am a CPK addict...Actually, I worked there in high school too! Haha!
Post a Comment