I don't want to sound ungrateful and not acknowledge the people who have been so kind and helpful in our transition here. There have been those that have shown so much kindness to us by inviting us over and making us feel like your home is ours, and again, I'm sure you know who you are! I didn't want my last post to sound too much like a pity party (although I'm pretty sure it did!) especially to people that we've met here that may be reading. My point last night was, it just takes TIME more than anything to feel comfortable! Thanks NEW friends, too! ha ha. :)
3 comments:
Hi again beth.
Don't worry about your feelings. I've lived in my ward for 7 1/2 years and it's still not quite that "home" feeling for me. That doesn't mean that I'm not content or at peace, just reach out to others and you'll never feel lonely. Then when you're sick of that, just get on a plane with Brookie and come stay with me for a while! (Then you'll really want to go back to Texas because you'll say--I'VE HAD ENOUGH OF YOUR CRAZY LIFE!)
Bethany! I am so glad you found my blog and left me a comment. I always love to find people I haven't seen/heard from in a long time. your little girl is DARLING! She is so cute. It is so weird to think that we are old enough to have kids, one year olds even. Brittany Taylor (Nabrotsky) just had her second kid which is crazy to think about. Anyway, long comment, but I just wanted you to know I appreciated you stopping by our blog, visit anytime. Good luck making new friends in your new place. You won't have any trouble I'm sure! Good luck and stay in touch!
Bethany,
The hardest thing about a new place is always making friends all over again and then leaving them behind. The first 9 years we were married we moved from Reno to Provo to Oregon to South Dakota and finally to St. George. The good thing is that we made wonderful friends in every location. Our little family became very strong and independent on our very own. I think you and Brent have that same tenacity. Plus we have a cool place to visit. We love you. Just hang in there.
Post a Comment