Saturday, September 13, 2008

Hello, my name is....?

I am considering making my blog private. Here's why: I have a stat counter and live feed on our blog that tracks the location of where people are when they look at our blog and the referring blog that they are linking to ours from. It's helpful because then I can see if there is anyone I don't recognize "looking in." Lately there have been some interesting locations where I don't know anyone and some foreign urls of people that have private blogs (so I can't see who they are) or that I just don't know. Anways, I don't want to have a private blog but I'd love for any reader to "ID" themselves to us! If you've been reading for awhile or a day, please say hello and introduce yourself. I'd just love to know who is reading and if you don't usually make comments. Really. Please do - I'd love to hear from you.

23 comments:

The Pickled Red Herring said...

I'm here and I'm shouting out from DC... I swear I am not a foreign alien! I know, it is scary when I can run a google search of my daughter's name and she actually pops up publicly on the internet... I figured I will just be careful about what I say and keep a sharp eye on them!

shayla said...

Beth...I know--the weirdos and all the hits from all over can be intimidating & concerning! I had hits from Russia, Iraq and Finland...no kidding. There are a lot of lurkers out there--which is why I went private, but it settled down and now I'm trying it public again and it's been fine. Anyway, you're on my google reader..why? I don't know--because I love your sister and you're very much a part of her life?! Plus your fam is kinda cute:) Cute blog, btw...were the 'how-to's' overwhelming?
Have a nice Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Hey Bethany.. Not sure you remember me.. Malia from High school. I found your blog through Shelly Altoms, and i check back every now and again..

Your little girl is adorable and looks like you guys are having a great life!

Trent and Steph said...

I love the paint job you did in your house. Your home is beautiful.

liz hawkins said...

Beth, it's Liz-Beth...

Brent, Bethany, and Brooke said...

Dear Shay,

Well you are on my google reader as well! Why? Because you are my sister's good friend and because we are in our first home, I am constantly talking to her about decorating and painting, etc. and somehow you always come up because you are the ultimate decorator/project woman! Can you please come to texas and decorate my house? Thanks.

Britney said...

Hello, my name is....

Britney :)

Jeff Rauenhorst said...

Jeff from the Haas crowd here. Still in Berkeley. Good to here what you guys are up to!

Rachel said...

hello my name is rachel. im a friend of a friend. i check your blog from time to time becuase my daughter was born the very same day yours was! its fun to see what your little cutie is up to, hope you dont mind :)

Bethany said...

Rachel- thanks for introducing yourself. Who is your friend that is my friend? I tried clicking on your blog but it didn't come up!

Amy said...

You guys did a great painting job. Your house looks beautiful.

Amy Kimball

Bug said...

You know I've considered doing the whole PRIVATE thing as well. I don't want to discourage my family and espcially grandparents from seeing our blog though. I don't know what to do. For now we'll just be cautious.

Parrish Family said...

Alright, Bethany I guess I will admit that I found your blog a few weeks ago. This is Brooke (Peterson) Parrish.

I don't know if you even remember me, but you were one of my favorite people in high school.

Your daughter is so cute! And of course I LOVE the name! :-) It looks like life is going very well for you. Sure enjoy seeing what you are up too!

Anonymous said...

Brent- After being in Milwaukee for 6 years, I often "catch up" with the St. George crew by checking out blogs in the public domain. You have a beautiful family! Brandon, Abigail and I just moved back to Utah and are now moving to Colorado in October. We are both dentists and are expecting our second baby in March. If you do decide to go "private" with your blog (I wouldn't blame you), I'd love to be included in your viewable list! Glad to see you are all well.

Ashley Graff Bailey

Chris-n-Chelz said...

hey there! i check you blog every now and then through kendra's blog. i am chelsea cottrell, not sure if you remember me from the 4th ward, but it is always fun to see what everyone is up to!

-chelz

Kelly Jensen said...

Hi Bethany! It's Kelly- I check in every now and again to se how your cute family is. We miss you around here, but Iam so glad to see that you are well! Brooke is getting SO big! I will forever be grateful for your post-- now I have the Live feed on my blog. I will feel SO much better-- I have been getting tons of hits from strange places... thanks again! Kell

Kendra said...

Bethany-
I am new to the blog world and just started to create my own. Saw yours through some of the Berkeley warders. hope al lis well in TX. My little girl misses playing with Brooke during Sunday School.
-Kendra

Miriam Herm said...

Hi! It's Miriam Hermansen. I've been reading your blog for awhile, but I never comment. I should, though. Especially on that last post about your loving life! What a wonderful post, what a wonderful moment you had. Glad life is going well!

Kari said...

Hey its Kari, from the 4th ward, I check in every so often too :)

Haskell's said...

Beth... i have been reading your blog for a while... so please if you go private take me with you. I love hearing about what you and brent and brooke are up to. I miss you guys

Courtney Brasher said...

Hey just letting you know i check your blog every once and awhile to see how you guys are and what you're up to. I also like to see what brook is up to so that I know what to look forward to with Pierce : ) Hope you don't mind. * side note: I also think it's fun to see that my cousin Alyssa and her little girl Olivia get to hang out with you guys. Way fun!

Whitney said...

Hey! I don’t know if you remember me but we both danced together at Clyties for a bit, and went to school together. Anyway, you have a beautiful family. Hope you don’t mind my stalking :-)

Hilary said...

Bethany...I am not sure you would remember me. Hilary Keller Armstrong. We went to Davis together. You took ballet with my sister, Lindsay. I live in las vegas, my husband is in dental school. Your blog is darling. I hope you don't mind me seeing what going on!!