What better way to spend labor day weekend than painting your house with your hubby? That's what we did! Credit goes to awesome friend #1 for letting me "steal" the paint color in her family room and awesome friend #2 for spending hours helping and teaching us how to paint, as neither of us had ever done it before. Seriously. Seriously. Thanks, you girls.
***
We painted the entrance and family/dining room. We finished in less time than we expected and it was really fun to be able to do something like this with Brent. We aren't really "fix-it" people but would like to learn to become more that way.
***
The house quickly became a disaster.
The finished product: a warm, tannish, yellow, honey-golden color of goodness!
Do ya like it?
16 comments:
i love it! it's so pretty! did you inherit their furniture or did you just happen to have really similar stuff?
LOVE IT!!
Love the color, your house is so beautiful, I love the way you have it decorated
Oh no, the one picture I want to enlarge doesn't! I wanted to see the finished product up close. It look beautiful! The honey warm color and the red really doll the place up. Good job, guys!
It looks so good and it adds the right "Bethany" touch! Brad and I can't wait to paint a house of our own someday.
Love, Love, Love it!
OH MY GOODNESS!!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!
BTW, it totally doesn't look too gold at all...I am dying to see it in person now. It is seriously gorgeous (if I do say so myself). :-) And the shelves/clock above your TV look really cute too. Now we both just need a good dose of curtains. Are you up for a trip to the Pottery Barn outlet??? Seriously!
B, I love the tan-ish color! I also love how you rearranged your furniture. I am beyond jealous of your cozy home...I seriously need to get down there to see you. I am a total basket case every day and need a friend to keep me sane! Miss you like crazy B.
It's amazing how much paint can change a place... I love it!
That is so exciting! Having a house and everything.. And it looks great!
Love it, it looks great!! Isn't painting so much fun:):)
I agree painting is a lot of work! You guys did a great job the house looks beautiful! kendra
Looks Awesome! So proud! Let me know if you still want me to design your blog. It looks cute though! :)
Looks Awesome! So proud! Let me know if you still want me to design your blog. It looks cute though! :)
I LOVE your house Bethany! It is so beautiful! You're a really good decorator! And the new color is fabulous!! It's the reason we own, right?! The right to paint. :)
Geez Beth, you have a beautiful home. I like the new color a lot! The home we rent is all-white also and it gets pretty bland sometimes. It seems like you guys are doing well and that makes me glad. Change is hard huh? You're strong though, you'll fit right in down there! (You probably already do though!)
Post a Comment