In 2005, my friend Lauren and I threw a Christmas party with some friends from our married student ward in our little apartment. When we moved to Berkeley, I never got around to throwing one, and I was determined to do it this year, even though we still don't know people that well yet. My friend, Alyssa, just so happens to have these same interests, and so we agreed to do it together and have it our house! The planning and prepping was a blast, and the night went by so fast!
Alyssa and I spent most of the week grocery shopping and making food. We made caramel and chocolate covered pretzel rods for the favors which I do not have a picture of. Then we made homemade rolls, pomegranate salad, bacon-wrapped water chestnuts, chicken skewers with peanut sauce, bakes brie with cranberries, and Chocolate bundt cake with homemade fudge and peppermint ice cream. It was a lot of work, but we had so much done doing it together! Then, we had people bring food to make the meal complete. Here are two pictures of our table!
And no, what you see underneath everything is not a tablecloth! It is ribbon weaved vertically and horizontally and secured underneath the table. When did I do this? Over the course of about a week during Brooke's nap. Did I come up with it on my own? Heck, no! I copied it from my very posh aunt who did it on her dining room table! You likie?
I tried taking a few pictures of our guests during the games but I didn't get them of everyone and the ones I did get weren't that great, so I decided not to post any. Brent did a great job with entertainment. We got Christmas stories/traditions from people ahead of time and they had to guess who matched up with who. Then, we played "Christmas Cranium." A game that Brent put together for our party back in '05, that includes riddles, puzzles and pictionary that is just like cranium but with Christmas trivia. Then, we had a gift exchange that Alyssa put together through a game called "Whoopie!" We won an easy button and some cute silver letters that spell joy (the max was $5!) Then just some pics of me and my very own jolly man after the party in front of the fireplace...

16 comments:
Wow, looks like you were pretty busy getting ready for the party. How fun that would be to do with a friend and good luck with your ward party Saturday.
It was an awesome party. Every detail accounted for. We had a great time and really enjoyed all the yummy food. You two outdid yourselves. Thanks for the invite.
I love your cheesy smile when Brent is kissing you on the cheek! Way to go sister on a beautiful party and fun decor. Will you come plan my parties?:) (just kiddin')! I think you might be partied out after this holiday!
Thanks for the party! We had so much fun. You guys are great!
That is REALLY impressive.. *sigh* You are such a role model Beth! Awesome job!
Oh my gosh! I wish I had been there! My mouth is WATERING just thinking about all that food. And the 'table cloth'...what in the world!
You are the new Martha!
Such a crafty girl you are. I cannot believe you did that weaving. You are out of control. It looks beautiful though! So did the table. I wished I lived by you so I could learn some things from you. The meal sounded delicious and I wish I was there to eat it! I know you'll do a spectacular job for the ward party food but it will definately be nice to have it over with and not have to stress anymore. I love you my talented little friend!
I don't just likie...I LOVIE! You remind me of someone else I know...hmm...your talented sis! BEAUTIFUL table and I'm stealing your idea with the ribbons for my party:)
That was one of the best Christmas parties ever! Your attention to detail made all your guests feel so special. Martha has nothing on you and Alyssa. And Brent did pretty dang good w/ that game as well :)
wow I love the table!!!! you are so crafty and cute. Looks like it was a fun party :)
You have a real gift Bethany! It looks beautifully fabulous! The food sounds divine as I'm sure it was. Good for you for hosting and throwing such a bash, I wish we could've come. Good luck with Party #2!
I'm debating whether or not to tell Brad that you through another AMAZING party and we couldn't come! I know you think I'm silly when I say this but Brad STILL remembers the Christmas party back with the College 4th ward gang. Next year I'm determined to throw a Christmas party and host it at MY house! It will be nothing in comparison to yours, but I'll attempt. I might be calling you for suggestions actually.
Jordan and I still talk about that Christmas party! We loved it and Brent's games were definately a hit, I'm serious we still talk about it! Sounds like a great part, way to go miss hostess!
I remember that 2005 party! It was AMAZING! Even though I was preggers and too sick to eat the yummy food AND too soon to tell anyone why not! We seriously had so much fun at your parties! We miss you guys so much!
The ribbons look so beautiful. Wow!
Wow! Your table looked amazing! I'm sure your party was great. It's so fun to be able to host isn't it? I'm glad you have friends in Texas to have fun with.
Post a Comment