Monday, March 30, 2009

Our First Guests: Guerisoli Grandparents

At the end of February, we were lucky enough to have a visit from Brent's parents, Kirt and Vicki. This was an extra special trip because Brooke really knows who they are now and cares enough to want to play with them. Here is a sum of the fun things we did with them:
Grandma got Brooke some new outfits just because. We were at Target shopping one night and Brooke was being SO cranky. I said I wanted to go look at the little girl's clothes and when we got there, Brooke was squealing with delight and so excited. Looks like she's got the shopping gene (thank heavens!) I mean.... sorry Brent..!!

Brooke had this look on her face pretty much the whole time they were here. She was in "grandparent-get-away-with-anything-and-everything" mode.

We went to the zoo! And Brooke had a great view! (on Grandpa's shoulders that is..)

Grandma and Brooke on the turtle

Brooke and Mom with the Hippo!

The first thing we saw were the Flamingos. These are my favorite. :) What a beautiful color!
We went out to eat WWAAAAYYYYYY too many times and stuffed ourselves silly! Kirt loved Rudy's, of course.
We dropped Brooke off one night at a friend's and enjoyed dinner at the riverwalk, just the four of us.

Uh... yeah.. what to say about this picture?

Vicki and I had a sewing day. We borrowed my friend's sewing machine and set out to find fabric to recover some of our bedroom pillows that were looking very raggity. I love how they turned out.
We also enjoyed lots of game nights together, making treats, watching a movie, Kirt taking Brooke to the park for hours and me getting a break (thank you!), going to the temple, taking Vicki shopping for new clothes, a picnic at the park with Brent, and lots of good conversation and laughs.


This literally shows how sad Brooke was when they left... :( Guess they better come back in a few months!!

4 comments:

Witter and Kway said...

Your little girl is so cute! Where in Texas are you living?

Witter and Kway said...

Your little girl is so cute! Where in Texas are you living?

Jim, Shelley and Shelbie Lynn said...

Looks like you guy's had so much fun. Your all very lucky to have each other. I would love to come see you guy's sometime. Give Brooke a kiss for me. Love ya, see ya, bye
Shelley
P.S. I have no idea how to get to my blog. Help

Britney said...

Wow, what a fun trip!