Friday, May 01, 2009

Adventures in Cake Decorating

We finished the four week course on Monday and I have to say I haven't had this much fun in a having a "creative outlet" in a very long time. Even getting away for a few hours a week was a great release! You've seen the rainbow cake, the lower left is a clown cake (kinda freaky) and the top right and lower right are both my graduation cake featuring the famour Wilton rose on the top! I was the least talented at the rose in the whole class only because it took me forever to get just one look right, but then I made about 10 in the last hour once I had it down.
I might really miss my classmate, cute "Grandma" who donned some awesome outfits, blue eyeshadow and hot pink lips, and had big barrell curls in an up-do like they did a few decades ago. Oh, and our instructor with awesome tattoos on her calves who spoke openly and candidly about her home in a trailer park was quite unforgettable. Joking aside, I am totally serious! Pretty admirable that she makes wedding cakes for people, with not much of a kitchen to speak for it.

Soooo... Michael's has their classes 40% off this month and I'm thinking of doing the 4 week fondant class next with my friend. Anyone ever taken it or known someone that has and liked it? Or anyone local interested in doing this, too?

3 comments:

Jenae said...

Bethany, you should do the fondant class for sure! All the wedding cakes that are most beautiful are fondant covered in my opinion - this is what my family does when we do cakes. I think you'd love it!

Nicole and Andy said...

What a fun hobby to have! I LOVE the cake w\the flowers, it is so pretty! And Brooke is so darling! Can she send some of her curls this way??:)

grammielou said...

I'm really impressed