Well our Christmas and New Year's in Utah was just fab, to say the least. We spent the week before Christmas up to the day afterwards with the Guerisoli's in St. George. We then traveled up north to be with my parents in Kaysville. It was a total of about 32 hours of driving in two weeks! I don't know if we'll every do it again. Seriously. I always have to remind myself that sunny warm weather and no snow can still mean Christmas down there. It really was a lovely day, and Christmas means something different now that I have my own child. It was so fun to give her toys and gifts, but it was awesome being able to truly understand the birth of Christ in a new way. I am very thankful and have a new appreciation.
Here are some of the highlights and happenings from our time in Utah...
- Non-stop, uninterrupted time with Brent after a busy and long semester
- Arriving in St. George to a warm and comfortable house with yummy treats, a delicious dinner and great company
- Seeing "Enchanted" with the Guerisoli girls
- Getting my haircut from a guy who trained with Nick Arrojo from the show "What Not to Wear"
- Preparing food and games for Christmas Eve
- Shopping for pajamas for the entire Guerisoli family
- Singing around the piano with the Guerisoli family on Christmas Eve (a rarity)
- Eating Christmas morning strada (I look forward to this breakfast all year, except at my house it lasts a little longer than the 5 minutes it lasted at Brent's house)
- Seeing my baby girl open up her stocking (pillowcase) and have no idea what is going on, but picturing all of the joyful and fun Christmases to come with her
- Hearing Brent sing Karaoke with my and his family (he loves it)
- Watching Brooke interact with family and cousins on both sides (I'm pretty sure people just love her!)
- Meeting our dear friends Mike and Lauren for dinner in St. George (we missed the rest of you 4th warders of course!)
- Talking and Laughing with many friends from High School.. like we were back in High School
- Shopping trips with Meg and eating at the Nordstrom Cafe (my fave place to eat)
- A temple trip with my parents and sister, Amy, and her husband, John
- Eating at all the places I've missed-Cafe Rio, Rumbi, Mandarin in Bountiful
- Endless Eggnogg-I'll never get sick of it
- Pedicures with Mom and Meg
- Talking about the 2008 Election with my Dad (he loves Mitt Romney)
- A Holiday dinner at my Grandparents house with all the family who was in town
- Cheese and Chocolate Fondue on Christmas Eve
- A New Year's kiss with Brent when the clock struck midnight!
Alright, that's probably enough. Brooke, who is now 5 1/2 months also had many "firsts" on this trip. She sat up, rolled over, and we started her on solids all within one week. She is one busy, growing girl, and is getting a little more hair. The following pictures have no particular order. Some are just to show Brooke off (hope nobody minds) and some show what we did. Happy New Year! Here's to a wonderful 2008!
So far, she loves Rice Cereal.
Happy on Christmas morning.
Pretty darling in black and white.
Thanks for making it through this post if you did!
10 comments:
Bethany, you guys are to cute! I am glad you had such a great time over the break. That is so fun you got to meet up with the Andrew's, we all need to get together!! I got your email and said a prayer right when I read it. I hope everything goes well today, I will be thinking of your sis. My heart goes out to you guys.
What a holiday! I'm glad you shared it with us. You guys do like to keep busy thats all I can say. We're glad you made it home safe, and our prayers are with your family.
She is the happiest little girl I have ever seen. I love her so much! I was really sad not to see you guys this time around. I am thinking about you. I love you more than life itself!
Bethany, what a fun post to read! That is a lot of driving... yuck. But it sounds like you had a lot of fun! Congrats to Brooke for all her 'firsts'! We loved meeting her and seeing you guys. She has such a cute little smile! I also just have to say I love your purple shirt and scarf. Very cute.
We too are praying for your family and thinking of you today.
Oh how I love to see your updates. And I especially like to see what Brooke is up to since she is only 3 months older than Brystal, I get to see what I get to look forward to. It is funny how the littlest things they do are so amazing to us, like oh my heck, my baby can lift her head by herself, what a big girl. I'm such a proud mommy.
I made it to the end of the post, it was a good one. My favorite part was the highly unflattering picture of me but I still love you.
That Brookie-bear kills me! She is a little too photogenic (You may have a model on your hands). It was so fun to see you guys over the Holidays even if it was for like two hours total. Love you guys!
I loved your pictures. Brooke is so cute. I am glad things went as good as they could yesterday and i am glad i got to see you over the holidays!
Looks like you have a fabulous Christmas Bethany! I am so sad that we didn't get to see each other! Brooke is getting cuter and cuter too!
Ohhh, I love it!
What a cute family you have. And sounds like a fun vacation! Brooke is growing so fast and how exciting that she rolled and sat up! I love those fun milestones.
Post a Comment