We had such a fun Valentine's day and got to enjoy having Brent home most of the day. We had crepes with berries and whipped cream with pink smoothies in the morning and Brent gave me roses and tulips with a sweet card. We usually get takeout from Macaroni Grill (a sentimental restaurant for us) but we decided to cook dinner together. We had pesto alfredo pasta with grilled chicken, salad, and cheddar-garlic scones. It was so yummy and fun to cook together! For the past three years, we have had a tradition of baking a heart-shaped cake. We are not cake connoisseurs by any means, but it's always fun to decorate it and eat the whole thing together!
Here is our cake from 2006
And this year's.. 2008! We both took a picture with it. Yeah, I know. We're cheesy.
I think this year's was the prettiest and most delicious!

5 comments:
You guys are so cute. I made a heart cake too, but I like the idea of making it together! Mike doesn't think being in the kitchen is all that fun, so usually he leaves that stuff to me. Your flowers were gorgeous too. Good job Brent! Hope little Brookie is feeling better soon.
Cute! I love the cake tradition! I'm very into traditions...can you tell? :)
And Brooke looks so cute in her shirt. You're a cute mom!
Making a cake together is such a fun tradition. I love how you celebrate Valentine's Day. Glad you had a good one!:)
Bethany! Wow, that poem Brent wrote...geez! He's a keeper. Looks like you guys are doing wonderful, and enjoying life! I've been looking through my old high school pictures and it has been to fun and has brought back so many good memories! Thanks for always being such a wonderful friend! Love ya!
oh yeah, Mollie turns one on Saturday the 23rd...crazy eh?!
Cheesy yes... but seriously cute! I envy yours and Brent's relationship. Brooke is so cute even when she is sick.
Sorry I suck so much and got things so mixed up with the airport and thinking that I was coming to see you and then didn't even call you to tell you what happened. To make this long story short... I didn't even end up going. My friend JD came here instead because he wanted to go skiing.
Miss you guys!
Post a Comment