We have been one busy family of Bg's! After a fun and exhausting week of saying goodbye to many friends, having our apartment packed, the movers being 5 hours late to load the truck, me flying with Brooke to Utah and Brent making the 11 hour drive by himself: we made it and are moved out of the bay area. I had a good cry the night before. It will always be a special place for me. And there are a few friends that I think may still read my blog that I didn't get to say a proper goodbye to but let's still keep in touch, please. We spent two days resting up for our next airplane ride to San Antonio on the mornng of Memorial day. When we stepped off the airplane, man that Texas heat made me quite claustrophic. But, I feel like I'm already getting used to it. This is our first time even coming to the Lonestar state and I will say that it's true what they say...

It's pretty awesome, though! We're excited about it. We've been very busy spending all day working with our realtor (who is fabulous and we found her off of ldsagents.com) and it is tiring to look at houses! I have floorplans all jumbled in my head and feel like they all look the same after awhile, but nonetheless, I think we're getting closer. We come home on Sunday and hopefully by then we will have it narrowed down to THE house. We haven't taken any pictures because of the business but Brooke is doing pretty well other than struggling a little at night to sleep. She loves being able to crawl around the houses for a few minutes at a time. Well, it's late but I wanted to update that we made it out of Berkeley into Utah and onto San Antonio for our first house-hunting trip. Pretty dang cool to think of living in a house. Y'all come back to our blog now, y'hear? See we're already in on the lingo. G'night for now.
18 comments:
Wow, what a big week for you guys! Happy house hunting, and be safe in all your travels!
We miss you already. I am glad that things are moving right along for you guys. Good luck with the house hunt.
I know how stressful house hunting can be. Really, everything does get gummbled up in your head doesn't it? It's hard to keep them all straight. I hope you guys find THE one. Just go with what feels right, I know that sounds funny but that's been our guide in our search. Good luck!
House hunting is exciting, fun, crazy, and exhausting! I hope you are able to find what you are looking for! It sounds like you are on quite the adventure! I wish you the best of luck!
Hi Guy's, good to here from you. Well I cryed my eyes out also when you left my house.
Glad you all made it in one piece.
Can't wait to see the house you buy.
We got a new puppy. Her name is Shelbie Lynn, she is 16 weeks old and a doll. She is a german shepard mix.
Well I better go for now,Puppy calls. Take care, be good.
Love ya, see ya, bye. Give Brookie a big kiss for me. Shelley G
Hurray for the house hunting! This is all so exciting for me!
Please keep me posted...and email me back :)
We miss you!
Did you know that Jessica Hirschi just moved to Texas? I am not sure where, but Texas is pretty small right? Just kidding. Just live in Kaysville forever--PLEASE!?!?!
So glad to hear that you are safe and sound! What an exciting time in your life-- soak it all up. You only buy your "first house" once. Keep updating and we will keep missing you:) Can't wait to see pics...
Hey you guys! I hope things are going GREAT and you find something you love by the end of the week. This is so exciting (and probably scary, nerve-wracking, etc. at the same time). Let us know when you are back in Utah so we can get together. Love to you!
I'm so sad I couldn't make it to your goodbye party! We're really happy for you three!
Hey guy's. It's me again. I guess I'm really missing you... More more more updates. Pictures pictures pictures. No pressure just point and click. I'm sure everyone just wants to see you guys and what your new town looks like. I do....
Love ya, see ya, Bye Shelley G.
We do miss you already, but we're SO excited for you! I know you're going to find the perfect house... can't wait to see pictures!
I'm so glad you have a blog! Instead of wondering how you're doing and where you are, now I know! I'm so excited for you to get a house! We miss you already but I'm so excited for this new adventure that the 3 BG's are on. :)
hey bethany, this is jenny (andrews) barton! congratulations on your move, we were just in san antonio last month. my husband served his mission there and absolutely loved it. i know you will love it too (even if it comes with the dreaded humidity). if you like meat, you must eat at rudy's ASAP--best BBQ ever! good luck house hunting, what a process!
Can I tease you for just a minute and ask you what "claustrophic" means? :)
Hi Beth! You will have to let me know when you are back here in Kaysville. Have fun house hunting!
Yeah for house hunting!! It's kinda crazy huh? to think that we are in these stages of our lives. I want to see you while you are in k-town, I'll get in touch!
How exciting!I look forward to the day to go house hunting. Keep us posted because I want to read all about your move, new job, new everything!
Post a Comment