Wednesday, June 04, 2008

They Accepted-

As of about 45 minutes ago, the owners of the home we put an offer on two days ago have accepted!! We spent all week with our realtor and looked at about 45 homes in north San Antonio. On friday morning (basically our last day to look with her and we hadn't found anything we really loved), I decided to check Craigslist. I had been checking it every week or so for the past couple of months to get an idea of what was out there. I clicked on a particular listing that interested me and was stunned at what I saw! They were very motivated sellers trying to get out of their home because the husband was on his way to Afghanistan. The pictures were just what we'd been looking for, it was less than a year old, it was in our price range, and it included all the stainless steel kitchen appliances, granite counters, washer and dryer, flatscreen in the master bedroom, security system and sprinkler system only to name a few. I was ecstatic! I called the owner and set up an appointment for that afternoon. We didn't let our realtor know because we just didn't know exactly what would happen and at that point we hadn't signed a contract with our realtor for her to exclusively represent us. Well, we went and saw it and just when we walked in and were standing in the entry, Brent and I both knew it was the house we had been wanting and looking for all week. The only problem was that the owners were trying to get out of their contract with their realtor thus who would pay our realtor? We didn't want to get stuck with realtor fees! After a long weekend of going back and forth and a few very intense conversations with our realtor because she tried desperately to get us to buy another house, we worked everything out with her. We made our offer on Monday, they countered yesterday, we came back this morning with a compromise and they accepted this afternoon. PHEW! My goodness! We are SO excited for this! And the best part is: part of our negotiating was for some of the furniture in the house that is less than a year old! Brent did great at negotiating and it was really fun to see him put into real life some of that "stuff" he's been learing for the past two years in MBA school. I love the furniture and we're getting it at a third of the price that they bought if for less than a year ago. Awesome, huh? Now we have to just do all that stuff to close while we are in Utah. Should be pretty busy. I'll write more later and sorry for the lack of pictures lately especially of Brookie. More updates soon!

17 comments:

Tristen said...

Hooray!! CAn't wait to see pictures of the house!

Kristen said...

I also can't wait to see pictures of this place! We bought our condo last August and even though it's just a little condo, it was a stressful, nerve-wracking experience. I can only imagine what you guys went through to get your house. Congratulations, that is so exciting to finally have a house!

Anonymous said...

Way to go guys! I am so excited for you, especially that you found something your really happy with. I can't wait to see pictures of it. I hope the price was where you wanted and needed it to be as well. You'd better call Kirt soon, he's anxious to hear all the details.

Britney said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm freaking out for you...and have the chills (like always!)

I CAN NOT wait to see this house, you must send pictures fast. Can you send me the link from Craigslist?

AND furniture? This is all so exciting!

Very happy for you guys...and a little jealous :)

Kelltie said...

Congrats!!! That is FANTASTIC!!! I can't wait to see pics!

Jenn said...

Now that is good news. You are just steps away from a HOUSE! Oh all the time and work was worth it. The ants in the village, the small bedrooms and scrimping on spending! You deserve it! I can't wait for pictures.

Trent and Steph said...

Congrats on the new home. It is always a stressful time looking for a house.

Chris Fullmer said...

Congrats Bethany! So glad things are working out. Can't wait to see some photos!

Jim, Shelley and Shelbie Lynn said...

Wonderful BGs. Sooo happy for you. Can't wait to see. I'm sure your Moms and Dads will be very proud of you too!(you three)
Get some R & R.. Take care, Love ya, see ya, Bye. Shelley

Karen said...

That sounds so awesome! Is this a totally different house than you were interested in before? Sounds like it was meant to be! Can't wait to see it!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you!! How awesome to have your own house..how would that be.

liz hawkins said...

Congrats! I can't wait to see pictures. When will you be moving?

Lindsay said...

I WANT PICTURES!!!!! It was so good to see your cute little family the other day. Call us when you make it to Utah County.

Deatry Fam said...

Beth!!! Your new house sounds really nice. I can't wait to see pictures. Congratulations!! Owning a home is so much fun, you will love it. I am really excited for you. When is the big move in day? Where is Brent going to be working? Congrats!

Heather and Trevor said...

Congratulations! I remember that feeling with our first house too just a year ago. It is a fun time! SO excited for you! :)

Eric and Hilary said...

B! That is so awesome! I am so excited for you guys! It sounds like a dream house! I can't wait to see pictures!

Heidi Louise said...

Congrats Hon... and might I add not fair that you will be in Mexico without us. Seriously... I still have the week off of work. How sad is that?