Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Looking for a time and place

to wear the following luxuries!
SOOOO I'm ready for somewhat cold weather to be here. I love this heat, but really, after awhile.. even just 60 degrees would be a reason to wear something long sleeved. Currently loving this coat. You know when you shop and you see something that just evokes exactly what your style is? Ok, well this coat is so me. It has just the right amount of frill and femininity! Maybe for christmas.. Brent???


This blue one is so pretty and I love the pleats. They are hip yet so classic.

And I've been eyeing a pair of these babies for awhile.. but way too unrealistic for this climate. A girl can shop-dream though...


And while I was perusing the accessories department at Nordies today, I came across these lovelies. I am dying over that headband!


And flower clips??? Are they making a comeback? Last I remember, they were SO four years ago, right? If they are coming back I'm excited!


And to those of you that commented on my previous post, I loved your comments. Knowing there are other people out there doing the exact same thing every day that I am is somehow comforting. Keep em coming, those of you that didn't reply!

8 comments:

Courtney Brasher said...

I just have to say that I love,love,love the white coat. Very cute! I really hope you get it one way or another:). As well, its funny you brought up the flower thing coming back in style. This last Sunday I noticed not one, but a couple of women/teens wearing flowers in their hair. I asked myself the same question. Flowers may be making a come back even though I feel like it was just yesterday I had one in my hair. Maybe I am just getting old! :)

Bizzle said...

And I am waiting for the day I can AFFORD to buy nice clothes again! Haha...I'm sure you guys went through the same thing while Brent was in school. LOVE the white coat, you totally deserve it for Christmas!

Britney said...

How much do I LLOOVVEE the coats???? SOOOOOO MUCH! I can see you in them now!

Nicole and Andy said...

I love both of those coats!! So cute. How are you doing? The lady in the blue coat...is she missing a leg??

Unknown said...

Brad and I wondered the mall last night for fun. I wish I had your fashion sense though. I feel like everytime I go I have to figure out my style. It's probably because I never really shop for myself and whenever I do it is just for basics. Brad thinks I should dress up more, even if I just stay home all day, but I can't seem to justify putting on a nice pair of slacks and a cute shirt when I'm just going to play with Ava all day and inevitably get snot and food all over. Not to say that I don't get dressed everyday, I get out of my pj's, I just don't dress like I used to when I worked in an office.

And about your last post...

Sundays seem to be the worst for me too! Brad and I have both commented because on how we have no idea how things get so messy on Sunday. Maybe it goes with the "resting" mentality that comes on Sunday, I don't know. Or the frantic get-ready-for-church mode.

I love to meal plan. I usually plan a week out at a time and then shop for only what I need. I actually really miss meal planning. Since living with my parents I've had to adjust to the "day of" mentality and try to figure something out at around 3:00. This isn't my preference though and as soon as we move out on our own again I will be all about the lists/planning/and organizing.

Ava is CONSTANTLY on the go. She is not a sit down and relax kind of girl. She has even been sick the last week but that has not stopped her. She runs around, wants toys, to go outside, to get into that drawer and this one, wants up, wants down, feed me, change me,... but never just hold me! I wish she was more of a cuddle bug but she's too busy for that.

Jenae said...

Oh Bethany, if you could see me today (Thursday), you’d realize that your “Monday” is my every day over here. So here are a few things that I think will make you feel a little better:

1) I am very pleased with myself if I can pull it together at any point during any day. Most days I don’t actually pull myself together.

2) I have taken a 2 year break from cooking. I don’t plan any menus or go to the grocery store without Craig. I catch Ella in the fridge digging around for her cheese sticks because I haven’t fed her as much as she’d hoped I would.

3) I have stopped cleaning up after Ella because I’ve realized that I am much less prone to craziness if I only pick up after her ONE time the entire day! My house is a disaster most of the time.

4) It is important that you understand that all of these things are not ENTIRELY because I am pregnant and sick. I probably only have two days a week where I am HIGHLY motivated to pull it together and be productive. It is not that I have NO motivation most days, it is just that things get crazy and the day gets away from me!

I clearly offer no advice. I am the friend that will make you feel better about the things that you ARE doing! Everyone needs one of those friends right!

Love you, love the coats, and I think you need them both!

Meg said...

OH my Heck! I absolutely adore the headband.

Tristen said...

SO CUTE!!!

Also, you can block certain people from seeing your blog-- play around in the setting and maybe you can delete that person who is looking at your blog and you don't know who they are! Good luck!