Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Pumpkin Butter

Here is the recipe I used for our Pumpkin Butter. I found it online and while I will say it was delicious, it could use some tweaking. I kept adding a little more of everything other than the pumpkin for flavor. OH! And Pioneer woman just posted her recipe for pumpkin butter which looks so enticing and she made her own pumpkin puree. Happy Baking!

INGREDIENTS:
1 can (15 oz.) pure pumpkin
2/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup honey
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves

DIRECTIONS:
Combine pumpkin, sugar, honey, lemon juice, cinnamon and cloves in medium heavy-duty saucepan. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring frequently, for 20 to 25 minutes or until thickened. Serve with biscuits, breads and corn muffins. Store in airtight container in refrigerator for up to 2 months.Recipe makes 2 cups.

3 comments:

The Pickled Red Herring said...

YUMMY thanks for this recipe! I have never tried pumpkin butter... Maybe I will make some for the girls I visit teach!

Britney said...

Oh...delicious! I can't wait to make this...tonight :)

We had a ladies lunch today and missed you!

Jed and Marie said...

bethany-that recipie looks so great. I'll have to try it.

Just stopping in to see my favorite G. family. You guys look like you're having alot of fun this fall! Brooke is so adorable!!

Hey, if you make your blog private, dont forget to invite us.
we miss you!!
Marie (J)