Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Wow for Wednesday

Yes, it is a lame title. But, today was a good day. Here's why:

Brent called this morning from work to tell me he finally got approved for the 50% off discount for iphones.

Brooke and I saw a friend that we met at Barnes and Noble, and will hopefully be joining her playgroup.

Nordstom Rack opens up in San Antonio tomorrow (but I'm happy about it today). What has this city done without it?

We got to eat dinner at a friend's house tonight. Who doesn't like to have dinner cooked for them?

The dinner was a cafe rio salad, my friend imitated it!

We finally got to try Guitar Hero out. I've been wanting to play that for so long. Brent was really good at it!

Brooke has finally made the switch to ONE 3 1/2 hour nap. Oh how I love a nice block of time to "get things done."

My house is clean right now.

We drove by the temple today and I was reminded of how blessed I am to live so close to it.

I started a cool Christmas decoration/project that is broadening my craft skills.

Brooke said "Amen" after our family prayers tonight. :)

And lastly...

I got to meet Carmindy, the makeup artist from TLC's "What Not to Wear." If you don't know this, I am pretty obsessed with that show and would die to meet Stacey and Clinton, so Carmindy was the next best thing! She was very sweet and so beautiful. She has a new makeup line and was promoting it at our grocery store. And yes, I bought a $4 disposable camera so that I could get ONE picture with her. I'll post it as soon as I get it developed!

So that was our day. Hope yours was good, too!

10 comments:

Alyssa Griffeth said...

How is it that I don't speak with you for 24 hours, and A MILLION new things happen! So glad it was a great day for ya!

p.s.- We're having "Cafe Rio" salads for dinner tomorrow!! They're one of my favorite meals!!!

Lauren said...

What to replay to first? In order...

How did you get the iphone discount? We are looking for new phones.

I tried the homemade Cafe Rio salad and it was so much work!!! Worth it to buy it if you ask me (but tasty). :)

HOW did you get Brooke to sleep so long?? Maddie has been down to one nap for about a month, but it's usually only 1.5 hours (occasionally 2, sometimes 1!) and it's driving me nuts! She used to take two 1.5 hour naps, so I am missing half of my "work" time.

I love Carmindy!!! I want a makeover.

Bug said...

I LOVE What Not to Wear! Really, I get sucked in everytime I see it on TV. But you have such great style as it is you wouldn't need Stacey and Clinton's advice.

Welcome to the one long nap club. It is great! You are able to get so much done. Enjoy your free time.

I'd love to know about your new Christmas craft, I need an idea.

Jenae said...

Geesh girl...I have been racking my brain trying to figure out who this person was that you met since you didn't call me back!! Rude! How awesome that it was Carmandy! I love her! Too bad Stacy and Clinton weren't with her. I love your Wednesday post...so many wonderful things for one day! Craig made up a Cafe Rio salad too and we love it! I loved the story of brooke in the car dancing to jingle bells! HA! I also loved the mental image of you calling 911 and Brent being totally calm. Hillarious!

Britney said...

Wow, that is a good day!

So did Brent get his iphone? Dave and I both got one and I'm lovin it! You don't think you need one, until you get it...and then you wonder how you ever lived without :)

I do like the show what not to wear. Have you been keepin up with The Hills? I haven't really been watching it, but I did see an episode the other day. Spencer bugs!

Chazlyn Robbins said...

Oh my gosh! I can't believe you met Carmindy! I love her! Seriously, I think she is amazing! I was so sad she wasn't coming to Montana on her make up tour, big surprise huh? Most people don't know we have running water in Montana. We do. And I love What Not to Wear. We don't have cable anymore so I don't get to watch it but it's on at the gym so I watch reruns almost every afternoon. I'm new to the blogging world and still trying to figure out what to post so bear with me. Thanks for your post. let's stay in touch!

Meg said...

Hey B----

my email is either googan18@gmail.com or dance98msj@aol.com.... I'd send it to both. Love ya

Unknown said...

SOOO jealous you got to meet Carmindy. I absolutely LOVE that show, it is the greatest! Glad to hear you had a great day!

Karen said...

Love catching up on your fun blog! I must say that I'm so completely jealous Brooke takes over a 3 hour nap... you know how lucky you are, right? If you don't I can go on and on about Cali's horrible napping.

Anyway, don't forget to add me to your blog list. I personally have loved having a private blog... it is a bummer, but it feels so much better!

kerbygirl@gmail.com

Greg and Jill said...

I am obsessed with that "What not to wear too" too, I am so jealous you got to meet her. Did you ask her for make-up advice...hehe, I would:)