Is she really this old? Has it really been 18 MONTHS? I cannot believe it. It is so strange when I read friend's blog that have babies and I realize that Brooke is not one of those babies anymore!
Welcome to Toddlerhood!
The funny thing about having a baby is: there is really no one that can tell you the things that you should prepare for each month, each stage. They just come becasue every child is different and... BAM! You're just supposed to know how to do everything. Well, not really, of course, that's what learning is for, but it's amazing the ride that child-rearing takes you on. But, I remember kind of freaking out and having no idea what I was supposed to do when it was time to feed Brooke solids. What? Me, freaking out? No way! Like she wasn't going to drink just milk anymore? How was that going to work? How would this change her mood? And for heaven's sake, how would it change what came out the other end and how would I handle it? And her schedule? Oh.. and my schedule? HA! I can't believe that now because after we got the hang of it, it really was so easy. Maybe most of you don't analyze these little changes in your life or your children's lives, but I love thinking about it and looking back to where we were a couple months ago, or a year ago. I actually feel okay that we're out of the baby stage. It was fun and joyful, but it's fun to see what she's learning and how she's growing now!
A few pictures and reflections.....
This was a few weeks ago. Cousin Jamie was here for a vocal conference and stayed with us for a couple days. We ate out at the Riverwalk and Brooke sat on her lap, so well-behaved and ate everything Jamie fed her!
Brookie on her 18th month day.
What She Says: Mom, Dad, Baby, Amen, Roll, Up, Poop, Night, Hi, Ba-bye, shoe, store, eyes, nose, hot, bottle, Jesus, Grampa, Elmo, cheese, banana, Olivia
What She Signs: Milk, More, Up, Asleep, Please, Thank you, work, drink, food, baby
What She Loves: Elmo, babies and Stroller, her two blankies, her sippy cups, holding anything up to ear and pretending she's on the phone, running, wearing "pretty things" - necklaces, Mommy's shoes, earrings, balls, especially dunking them in a basket (Brent is proud)
What She Eats: LOVES fruit and eggs and yogurt, drinks water ALL day long.
What we love about her: her awesome laugh, (if you've heard it, consider yourself privileged!), her beautiful smile and big blue eyes, her uncanny ability to get anyone in public to smile at her, she is a WONDERFUL sleeper and always has been, how when she says "Mama" it's in a whiny voice, and "Dada" is a whisper, how she runs to the backdoor when she hears the garage door open, her strong personality, the wonderful spirit she has brought into our home and
family.
Happy 18 months, Brooke.
XOXO
Love, Mom and Dad
15 comments:
Brooke is so Beautiful. I love her little locks, they are so cute. Her hair looks just like Chris's hair did. Bethany do you know where you got the picure of the golden gate bridge in your blogg?
Can't wait till May. talk to U soon.
Oh I can't believe how big she is! She is so tan too! Man Ella is going to be jealous of Brookies beautiful skin. I love you lady and can't wait to see you again!
You have a gorgeous little girl. I LOVE her curls! I wish Ava had gotten some of mine. Her hair is more stringy wavy though...maybe when she hits puberty the curls will come. They do grow up fast so enjoy every stage...I'm trying to.
Miss you guys!
She's such a doll. I appreciated your thoughts about her growing and knowing how to respond. I've been a little nervous lately...realizing that parenting is coming our way and fast.
I love her hair. It is so dang cute. Time flies by so fast. I never really realized it till Cort was here. Now it is flying by.
That is so much fun that she's 18 month's old now! I can't wait for Maylee to be 18 months old because then she can go to Nursery and I can enjoy an adult lesson without having to keep her entertained!
I love her curly hair!!! It is so cute and it must be fun to do! Also, I know just how you feel about time flying! Before you know it you have a little girl and your little tiny baby is gone. It is a good thing that they are so fun at this age!
So when I was reading this, I was listening to Let Them Be Little! The perfect song to listen while reading this darling post!
I can't say how much I love her hair! And I didn't know YOU had curly hair???
Ava is 28 months old, and I still consider her my baby...not a toddler! Oops...maybe I need to get out of denial :)
No, it can't be. Because in my mind she's just as little as when you left! She IS getting big and cuter as if that were even possibly!!! I love that you've got it all recorded! Happy 18 Brooke!
Wow! I can't believe Brooke is already 18 months! The time just flies, doesn't it?!? Anyway, she is darling. I LOVE those little curls!!
I am a little biased but I love Brooke's curly hair too!
I really can't believe she is 18 months! She is a cutie:)
She has gotten so big and her hair has grown a ton. I love the curls! I wish I was one of the lucky ones who've heard her great laugh. How exciting to have your little baby in nursery!
Oh, and I hope that we get to see you sometime on your big trip to SF!!!
Hey Bethany,
This is Molly (Pew) Pearce. I don't know if you remember me from HS or dance, but your cousin Lindsay told me your husband went to Haas. My husband just got in for fall. I was wondering if you would email me with some info about your experience there. My email is mollyppearce@gmail.com. I just have some questions about housing, preschools, the ward, etc. Thank you so much!
She's adorable with those big blue eyes. Have you taught her some sign language? I've been teaching my Kindergarteners some signs, they love it.
Post a Comment