Monday, January 19, 2009

I want to remember...

...this weekend because it was laid-back and chill, but productive and refreshing.

  • Kicked friday night off by dropping Brooke off at a friends house because we started a babysitting co-op group!
  • Ran errand for 2 hours by myself. Brent worked until 8. (Amazing sales at Old Navy right now!)
  • $5 pizza for dinner, Oreo shakes and Kung Fu Panda with Brent. (He loves Disney movies; no joke.)
  • Woke up late Saturday morning, even Brooke.
  • Brooke and I had leftover pizza and a mint oreo for Breakfast.
  • We sung and danced to random Broadway tunes in our jammies in our bedroom.
  • Cleaned out the pantry, laundry room, and re-organized all of Brooke's toys in new bins while she napped.
  • Brent: haircut. Don't you love it when your man gets a haircut?
  • At 4:00 Brent said, "Lets go shopping.. and to Nordstrom Rack." Me: "okay!" (Dream come true.) So we did.
  • He needed a new black belt and I scored on some clearance items at TJMaxx.
  • Brooke ran everywhere to her delight and crawled on the foor at TJ's and Brent let her.
  • $50 in free groceries that Brent won at work. I splurged and bought Peanut Butter Bumpers.
  • Wonderful church meetings.
  • Brooke's first week in nursery.
  • 15 minutes into it, the nursery leader comes to tell me she had dumped the bottle of bubbles all over her. (Of course! Why wouldn't she do something like that!)
  • Flush her eyes out for 10 minutes in the bathroom. Back to nursery. Happy as a clam at the end.
  • Brent and Bethany happy to enjoy 2 hours of church kid-free!
  • Naps, clean up, prepare for dinner.
  • Have new couple over for dinner. (My friend, Karen always did this in Berkeley with new couples in the ward, and and I want to be like her, so I am doing it, too!)
  • Indulge in the chocolate chip cookies that they brought.
  • Beg Brent to take the rest to work or else I'd eat them for Breakfast. Remember the mint oreo?
  • Get into a good discussion with Brent for a couple of hours. Laugh some more about the bubble incident.
  • Had the house spotless before bed.
  • Goodnight!
Weekends seriously keep me going! Don't they for you?


6 comments:

Britney said...

Hoary for nursery! Congrats!

Good weekend...and I must admit, I was a little surprised that Brent wanted to go to Nordstrom Rack too!!!

Crystal said...

Can we be friends, Bethany? Because you just named all my favs, but espesh Nordstrom Rack & TJ Maxx. If you ever need a shopping partner... :)

And I'm so excited for the babysitting co-op. Seriously the best idea ever.

Shelly said...

Please tell me how you have your house spotless on the weekends. I swear with another adult at home it should be that way, but it sure isn't at our house.

Jim, Shelley and Shelbie Lynn said...

Hello Bethany, Well its sounds like you are keeping your self very busy. What are you going to do with your free time? What is the Nordstrom Rack? Give Brooke a big kiss for me. Loved all your Christmas pictures.

Jenae said...

Oh your weekend sounds like it really was awesome. I especially like the thought of you dancing to Broadway tunes in your pj's...let me guess...Wicked? I am dying to see that one. I miss you. I need a trip to TX! Would it be warm enough in March or April to sit by the pool? Hmmm...we saw the sun for the first time in almost two months the other day! YAY! We'll talk soon...funny Brookie with the bubbles. You're going to LOVE church now that she's in nursery! XOXO We'll chat soon.

Lindsay said...

I'm glad you had such a good weekend. I did notice that Brooke wasn't there but I didn't realize it was her first week. I laughed about the bubbles :).